1. Quote: our quote is based on the specs given to us by the client. Please be as specific as possible regarding your needs or expectations. As you communicate with us, and as your needs change, or you decide on more features, we will revise the quote based on your additions. We want you to have a site that you are 100 % satisfied with, at a fair price for our time and talent.
2. Payment: payments are due via check or PayPal. We require half down to get started, the remaining half when you have signed your approval. You only need a major credit card to make payment with PayPal.
3. Domain Name: Before we begin working on your site, a domain name should be purchased. For marketing and branding purposes, it is important that the domain name be the same or similar to the site name. If you do not have one, we will be happy to research some names for you, give you some options to choose from and register it in your name.
Before you choose your domain name, consider this:
a. Simple and easy to spell. We do not recommend unrelated letters like dsol.com, it is better to spell out digitalseasonsoflife.com rather than dsol.
b. With the explosion of the internet, it is difficult to get a meaningful .com name. You may have to consider an alternate or additional word like “the, my, our, or hoa” in your domain name. There are also other extensions available like: .net, .org, .info, .biz.
To see what names are available, try experimenting here:
4. Web Host: We want to be assured that the website is located with a reputable company and one that has the hardware and software to support our content management system. This makes it easier and less hassle for you and us. The two companies that we use are www.lunarpages.com and www.bluehost.com Both have good reputations for reliability, tech support and are competitively priced within the industry. Tech support is available by phone & email. Blue Host also supports live chat.
5. Design: OK Hoa.org® will visit your location and take some photos of your neighbornood. The header design is created from the photos. If you have something in the neighborhood that you want included in the header or pages of the website, be sure to communicate that to us. When we are done with the design, we will ask for your approval and sign off. If you are not happy with the appearance of the website, specifically tell your designer what you would like changed.
6. Preview: The client will have the opportunity to view the website live. You can click around and see how the features work. When we’ve received your approval (“sign off of acceptance”), the remaining payment is due within 7 days.
7. How to: We will provide you the password to our Client Support area that explains in detail how to revise content and upload pictures. We will provide this password AFTER we have confirmed that you have removed our billing info from the web hosting account and entered your own. It is the client’s responsibility to familarize onself with the use of the Word Press software. Just like the TV remote or dvd player, you will have to familiarize yourself, be patient enough to figure out how to operate it. We will provide you links to the forums and online documentation. Other issues can be researched in your web host’s forums, knowledge base and tech support.
8. Changes: you have a 7 day opportunity to request any minor changes at no additional charge. After this time, updates & changes will be billed at $50. hr. with a minimum $25. charge. We do not mind email questions that require a simple answer.
9. Copyright: it is a standard practice with artwork, for artists/photographers to retain the copyright of photos & custom design. You purchase the licensing rights for one domain only. If you want to redistribute, resell, move to a different domain, we will be happy to provide a quote for the additional licensing.
OK Hoa.org ® may include your site in it’s promotional and portfolio materials.